The cow in the community is a simple pyramid scheme.
- A female cow is loaned to Household One.
- Household One must house, feed, care for and get the cow pregnant.
- Household One must give the fist 2 female calves back to LTT at which point the loan to LTT is over and Household One keep the cow.
- Throughout the time the cow is on loan the household keeps all milk and revenue from the milk. Any male calves are also for the household to do with as they wish.
- The calves that are returned to LTT will loaned out to Households Two and Three under the same agreement.
The whole community must make sure that the Households with cows in the scheme care for the cows because it is in their interest as they wait their turn for a calf.
This scheme is in operation in Waangwaray where 3 families now have calves and in Sawe where 2 families have calves. It will be launched in Managhat in 2016